Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

April 30, 2010

News

I may need to stop watching the news.  It is just too sad for me most days.  After watching a story about a family who was evicted from their home in New Brighton and was living in tents on their friend's property when the tent their napping boys were sleeping in caught on fire ... how terribly awful is that ... the one little boy is very badly burned, the other one severely burned ... it is just so sad and to be honest it makes me thankful for my home and my little boy who is peacefully sleeping and very safe and healthy and then I feel somewhat selfish for being thankful for those things when there are people who have so very little and are just trying to get by while taking care of their families.  Sigh.  Sort of depressing post but this is the world we live in and it challenges me to wonder what difference I can make.

1 comment:

  1. Jake and I have been talking about this a lot lately, as opportunities to help those in need seem closer and closer to home. how do you make sure you're listening to that still small voice that says, "you can help, right now, you can help them"? a reminder to us at least to strive to be constantly listening to the promptings in our hearts from the Holy Spirit, and to be willing to step out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete