Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 1, 2010

Krista



Today is Krista's 22nd birthday.  I met Krista when I first started working at Bethel.  She was a freshman and on a list left by my predecessor of good guitar players so I emailed her and she came to help me lead for a women's history month chapel or something like that ... I remember being impressed because she was a great guitar player and had a very blend-able voice/easy to sing with ... etc.  She applied to be a worship leader for her sophomore year at Bethel.  Typically, leaders are juniors or seniors, but I really liked her and felt she was ready for the challenges of being a leader.

Little did I know she would become my worship ministries assistant and close friend.  Little did I know she would live with us for a summer.  Little did I know that I would feel terrible about resigning after E-man's birth because I was leaving her but I would also feel encouraged at the same time because I knew she would be able to 'hold down the fort' during the transition time.

Krista will be graduating from Bethel at the end of May and moving to Battle Creek, MI to begin a worship leadership position at a church there - they are SO BLESSED TO HAVE HER!  Krista brings joy and laughter to all situations.  She is very administrative and responsible.  She is extremely talented as a musician and she's grown so much in her up front communication/leadership over the past 3 years through various leadership experiences.  She has been through challenging experiences in her life that have strengthened her faith in God and love for Jesus and his people.  She is a loyal friend and a trustworthy person.  She has loved E-man from day one and he can finally say her name!! She is a woman of integrity and she values adventures and shared experiences with the people she loves.  She is a verbal processor and we've shared many long walks talking through life.  I could go on and on - but I think I will close here and say - I am so thankful for her friendship.  I have learned a lot about myself and her through our many 'processing' sessions.  I will miss her when she moves but I also know God has good things in store for her in MI.

Happy 22nd birthday KG.  You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment