Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 5, 2010

Friends

E-man and I drove down to Burnsville today to visit with the Boyum clan.  Carrie was my boss when I worked as a student in admissions at Bethel.  She became a great friend and mentor of mine.  She is just a few years older than I am and we think a lot the same about life.  She played a key role in helping me stay at Bethel and I absolutely loved working with her.  She was part of our wedding party and we have a really neat friendship that always lets us pick up where we left off - even if it's been months since our last visit.  She now has three kids and E-man had a great time playing with their toys and being in a new house.  I am thankful for friendship and a fun visit on this cold, cloudy, windy MN day.

No comments:

Post a Comment