Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 10, 2010

Stages

After an interesting afternoon of rearranging my piano schedule due to my students' track meets, soccer games, vacations, etc. it made me realize how thankful I am for this stage of life.  It seems relatively uncomplicated and somewhat simple.  Especially on a cold, rainy Monday night, I am grateful to be staying 'in' with my boys rather than sitting in the cold, under an umbrella that barely keeps me dry, while attempting to cheer on my child.  I am fully aware of the fact that I will be that mom in a few short years based on how E-man kicks the soccer ball, throws the baseball, runs everywhere and swings the bat.  However, for the time being, I am quite content and grateful to stay warm and dry while at home with my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!! I keep reminding myself that at some point Maizy will be getting back from games/practice at 7pm not going to bed. Gotta love a free night!!

    ReplyDelete