Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 17, 2010

Forgetful

I'm really thankful Stephanie is forgiving me for completely and totally forgetting Maizy was coming over this morning during Berkeley's 2 week doctor check up.  I'm also grateful E-man is recovering from his tummy troubles somewhat ... here's hoping it's better tomorrow!  I'm grateful Ross forgave me because I forgot to remind him to take a different route than 35W this morning since it's been reduced to one lane between here and Bethel.  The traffic today made his 15 minute commute 50 minutes today - ew!

Perhaps I'm really thankful forgiveness and grace exists in my life!  Now I need to NOT forget to extend the same forgiveness and grace to people who 'wrong' me.  Hmm ... :)

In other news, I am thankful for a new mom-friend I met at the park today and her firstborn is a son!  It was really fun to chat with her and we actually BOTH were in Edgren our freshmen year at Bethel.  How crazy is that?!  AND I know her brother-in-law very well - he was one of my worship leaders when I worked at Bethel.  Sing with me ... "it's a small world after all ..." One interesting thing she shared with me is that she has a couple of friends who have had boys first and they have taken more time to add #2 child to their family ... I thought that was SO interesting because that's definitely how I feel as many of you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment