Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 28, 2010

Thursday

Woke up on Thursday and immediately got ready for a walk - (thankful) it was absolutely gorgeous outside.  E-man did not ONCE beg for the park which was extremely helpful because we needed to get home so I could get ready for the day.  Once ready, we headed down to Saint Louis Park for a meeting at the church I'm going to be working at this summer.  It's kind of a hike down there and we left a little behind schedule but we made it safely in record time (thankful).  The pastor had the great idea for us to meet in the children's room which completely occupied E-man (thankful!) and while meeting he shared with me some big news that will really impact what I'm able to do with the church - overall, it was a good meeting.  The Gustafson's live right off of 100 (what I take to get to Park Free), so we arranged a quick stop to meet baby Eliza (thankful!).  She's beautiful and cute and all of these baby seem so small compared to the toddlers!  We then rushed home to get lunch into E-man so he could take a quick nap before heading out again.  I'm thankful we really hit NO major traffic yesterday because I put over 100 miles on the car.  I dropped E-man off with his Grandma (thank you!!) and continued on to teach one of my last Thursdays in Wayzata.  It was a quiet night, several students missing from classes but it was a nice change of pace.  After work, I drove to NE Minneapolis for a going away party at the Parsonage for Krista.  It was a great gathering of friends and I was able to catch up with several people I just love (grateful).  It was a crazy Thursday but a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment