Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 19, 2010

Off the Top of My Head

1.  I am thankful I learned to type using the 'home keys' because according to typingtest.com I can type 91 words a minute and save up to 6 hours of time a week (if typing 10 hours a week).  I'm really not trying to brag either, between playing the piano for 22 years and typing since 1st or 2nd grade, I think it makes sense but it does seem crazy.  It's a fun test to take - you should try it.
2.  The weather in MN has been gorgeous - like absolutely positively beautifully perfect.  The rain from a week ago combined with the sun has made everything so very green and fresh and the sky has been just so blue.  I'm thankful for all of the walking I've been doing and park-playing E-man has been enjoying (P.S.  Anybody else ever felt like "PARK" is a not nice, 4 letter word?!  My little dude has managed to make it this when he's whining, crying and demanding we go there immediately no matter what else is going on ... yeesh!  I'm trying to be thankful we have been there enough and he loves being at them so much for him to be this way but still ... )
3.  I had lunch with Krista and Christin and dinner with Krista and David.  Lots of fun and very good conversation.  I appreciate friends' who ask questions like "So Em, where do you find community these days?"
4.  I'm grateful I saved over 25 dollars shopping at Rainbow using a few coupons and my Roundy's card today ... I think I'm going to be more frequent there this summer and maybe take advantage of their double coupons ... we'll see!
5.  Have I mentioned I really enjoy my Nike+ - it's like a personal trainer and it motivates me to walk further and faster than I was going last month.  I'm thankful for it's reasonable price and everything it tells me on my ipod (pace, distance, time, calories burned, etc.).
6.  I'm grateful it's garage sale season - hitting up a big 5 family one tomorrow morning first thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment