Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

May 20, 2010

Technology and Another Healthy Babe!

I received a text from our close friends, Nate and Kristin, that they were on their way to the hospital this morning to have their second baby.  Throughout the day I received periodic updates about things to pray for regarding labor.  During the four o'clock hour Kristin actually texted back and forth with me several times and it really amazed me ... the marvel of texting and technology and our ability to get information so immediately to our loved ones EVEN WHILE IN LABOR!  Isn't that just fascinating?  It was fun to text with her knowing she was in process of giving birth to her second child.  So awesome.

Eliza Knowles arrived this evening and weighs 8 lb 7 oz.  From the pictures I have seen and her parents comments, she looks just like her big sister Nora.  It sounds like Kristin and Nora are doing so well and I'm thankful for another safe and healthy delivery.  I say another because, yes - that makes for 3 of my friends having May babies since May 1st! :)  Congrats to the Gustafson's!  We're so happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment