Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Gratefuls

1.  Through powerful musical selections and an amazing 'worship choir' at my Grandparents church in Indiana, I was moved to tears of gratefulness over Jesus' sacrifice for me on the cross and his amazing victory over  death!
2.  My son was an amazing car traveller this weekend.  He didn't complain once and was easily entertained (with no need of a DVD player) and we spent about 16+ hours on the road.
3.  We saw 40+ family members (Addleman's, Ridder's, Manders') and celebrated Easter together in various ways.
4.  We experienced safety in travel even though the roads were very busy!
5.  I finished reading "Hunger Games" (page turner, couldn't wait to get the next one from the library today) and "Love and War" (awesome book on marriage) and started "Shepherding a Child's Heart" - I'm so grateful I do not suffer from car sickness.  
6.  Special Easter vistors we got to see today before they flew back to CO ...

7.  I can't lie -  I am grateful I AM done with my 'discipline of silence' and not listening to 107.1 fm - woohoo!!!!  :) (lessons I learned during this time ... perhaps coming soon)
8.  I am grateful we are done with our 'eating out' fast ... although I kind of ended this when I went to visit Jill ... it is now officially over and we are re-thinking how we eat.
9.  I am grateful none of us were actually SICK on the road, however my Dad did come down with whatever my mom had last night and we're hoping we're not going to get it!  I'm also grateful my mom was able to go with us - it wouldn't have been the same if she had stayed home.
10.  I am grateful for the signs of Spring that continue to appear - the greening of the grass, the buds opening on trees, the rain which brings out the green/flowers, and so much more.  New life is always something to be grateful for ...

 

3 comments:

  1. I love your gentle reminders of things for which to be thankful, Emily. The photo of Jill, Jake, and Ethan is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is one of the sweet spots in my day. I LOVE this picture of J, J, & Eman. Plus, I still love that blue in your kitchen. :) Hope I'll see you soon. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We probably passed each other on the road, especially when we were pulled over on a random exit ramp in WI. :) Glad you had a good trip! I hope you stay healthy. I'll have to take some of your book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete