Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

April 7, 2010

A few more 'thankfuls'

Since I missed yesterday and I had such a great day today - I thought I'd blog twice today! :)

As I was getting my scalp massaged, hands waxed, hair washed (my FAVORITE thing ever), hair cut and eyebrows waxed today, I couldn't help but reflect on my privilege which led me to be very grateful for my hour at the salon.  What an extreme luxury MANY people in our world will NEVER come close to experiencing, ever.  What a wonderful feeling to be pampered for an hour.  I'm grateful.

Ross and E-man picked me up (since I walked to the salon) and we enjoyed dinner out as a family.  We're appreciating it more since we didn't go out like this for almost a month.  

We then saved 100 dollars at Kohl's and we got new spring jackets and some other small things - we only spent half of what we saved!  Amazing.

What a fun night - I'm thankful for my boys and our 'date' night.  I do not take these moments for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment