Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

April 28, 2010

Day Off

Wednesday is my 'day off' during the week.  I do not teach piano on Wednesdays and usually there is very little on our schedule so we get to go with the flow and be flexible.  I'm thankful for having a day during the week that is like this - the change of pace is very nice for both me and E-man. 

The morning of this day off I ended up having to run my new macbook down to Rosedale mall to be seen by the Genius Bar people at the Apple store.  Thank goodness for having the space in life to be able to run that errand. Thank goodness for our good friend David who helped me schedule my appointment online late last night. I am thankful for the guy who worked with my computer and got me in and out of the store in under 6 minutes.  My macbook had to stay to get some work done on it's trackpad but I'm sure it will be good as new when it's back AND in an attempt to get over my major frustrations from last night about this inconvenience, I'm trying to be thankful for our Dell desktop that still runs and allows me to continue somewhat normally with life and things that need to happen in cyberspace.  

I was also able to combine our trip to Rosedale with a few other errands I needed to get done which I always feel better about 'saving gas' and the environment when I can do a bunch of things on one trip.  So I'm thankful that all worked out like it did today even though I was super crabby about my broken macbook last night.  

While E-man took a nice nap this afternoon, I was able to get some work done planning for a service I'm leading on Sunday at Saint Louis Park Evangelical Free Church.  I don't lead very often these days and this is a good challenge for me because I am leading their traditional service that wants to become more 'blended'.  So ... I get to dig out different kinds of songs/hymns and experiences from my growing up years.

After E-man woke up, we took off to walk to my parents house.  The route I took today was 4.12 miles and I'm pooped.  It was SUPER windy but beautiful outside.  We stopped to play in a park at about mile 1.59 to give E-man some good  wiggle time.  As we continued to walk, I would hand him books, his juice, etc. and he would say his newest phrase "tank you momma'.  It's heart-melting.  We talked a lot on walk about everything we were seeing.  As we crossed Radisson, E said "Gamma, where areeee youuu?" We still had about 2 miles to Gamma's house but it was so cute.  I'm thankful for these precious moments with my son.

To finish my great day off, we had dinner at Mom and Dad's with Josh and Ann and E-man got to fly kites with Gamma and Bubbup.  He also played a lot of wiffle ball with Bubbup.  We then came home to see Ross who had been at baseball practice.    I'm thankful for a productive fun day and I'm thankful I'm going to sleep well tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment