Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 11, 2010

Blisters and Conversations


Yes, I am thankful for blisters.  I am thankful for them because it means I had a good walk today.  Spring 2009 was one of the first times I developed blisters from exercising as I started developing my walking addiction.  As I continued to walk they eventually stopped blistering.  Today, my feet might be a little sore but it was so worth every step.  Where did I walk in the dead of MN winter?  THE MALL!  My friend and her daughter, me and e-dude – we definitely brought down the median age of the mall walkers and we had several comments from older gentleman about how we ‘lapped’ them several times.  While the ‘mall walking’ crowd is interesting in and of itself, I can’t wait to breath in the warm air and feel the sunshine on my skin and enjoy playing at the park with E.  In the mean time, I'm attempting gratefulness for mall's that open their doors early for us 'mall walkers'. 

During the above walk, good-for-the-soul conversation occurred.  It usually does with this friend, but today, I was very blessed by a good dose of sharing our lives.  If you don’t know me very well, you might not know that I am a verbal processor.  So, when I am processing life, I usually process it out loud.  Ross and I had a fruitful ‘processing-life-right-before-bed conversation last night that I’m also thankful for … even though the hour was late, it was good for both of us.  So thank you S. and R. for being not only good listeners but for also processing life out loud with me.  

(AND a bonus ... it's not snowing today so my drive time to Wayzata will be HAPPY there and back!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment