Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 10, 2010

Soup Beans and New Toys

Cabin fever. Piles of snow that look like the East Coast amounts but never melt. The piles only grow. It’s too cold to actually play outside most days.  At least in my opinion it's too cold for me to be outside WITH E. I know most schools let their kids go out for recess until it's bitter cold ... but it's MN ... that's just what you do. So, today I'm grateful for some creative mom's and the ideas they have passed along. 

Here is what helped us through yesterday’s version of cabin fever. (Thanks Jeni!)




AND … a toy we had put aside at Christmas time (Thanks Diane and Jerry!) … so it was like brand new yesterday!



Today, we played in the garage for about 20-30 minutes.  We have a ball hanging from a string that tells me when to stop pulling the car in and E-man hit it over and over squealing with delight and running around.The floor in there is so dirty from snow dirt but hey ... it kept him busy!

I'm all for 'whatever works' right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment