Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 21, 2010

Turbo Tax

(Warning: somewhat crabby 'gratitude' moment to follow ...)

I REALLY HATE DOING OUR TAXES.

I am really grateful for Turbo Tax.

I am even more grateful for Ross's uncle who has done our taxes every year except this year and last ... we're trying to get a handle on how to keep track of everything (because I am self employed and Ross has a housing allowance because he's licensed clergy there are lots of things we have to track during the year) and gain a better understanding of our money through doing our taxes but I really don't enjoy ANY part of this process.

Ross was very good to sit and try to assist me but I'm a beast when I'm trying to find things and add things and subtract things.  I'm thankful for his patience and ability to giggle at me as a I throw folders and growl about 'doing the taxes'.

I'm grateful for all of you business type CPA people who, not only do taxes for people, but you (gasp) enjoy doing them as your profession!!  WOW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment