Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 12, 2010

Ross





Today I will supply my wonderful readers with a list of 28 reasons why I’m thankful for Ross on his 28th birthday.  I’m not going to pay much attention to priority or order so please don’t ‘judge’ the order of these thoughts … 

  1. Ross is a man of The Word.  He studies it diligently and daily. 
  2. Ross challenges me to be in The Word by the way he lives.
  3. Ross challenges me to love more self-lessly …
  4. Ross challenges me to dig deeper into the love of God … “How deep the Father’s love for us”
  5. He makes me laugh.
  6. He knows how to clean the house and does so without my asking.
  7. Ross is a natural at being a Dad and it’s been such a blessing to be parents together.
  8. He loves Ethan to pieces and takes such good care of him.
  9. He makes Ethan giggle like no one else.
  10. He is a hard worker and he is not afraid of hard work.
  11. He makes me feel secure because he is so steady and even-tempered.
  12. He believes in me staying home with Ethan
  13.  Ross encourages me in my hobbies, interests and friendships. 
  14.  Ross believes in women in ministry J
  15.  Ross knows my love language is quality time and is intentional to make time for our marriage.
  16. I really enjoy how musical he is and how he helps music be such a big part of our home.
  17. I am thankful he was willing to give up the purple Cougar this past year for a van (bah! J).
  18. He is so flexible and go with the flow – it balances me out and chills me out.
  19.  He is a great listener – he can listen without immediately forming a response. 
  20.  When I was nasty to him on our drive back to MN during our ‘break up’  (we’re talking 2003) after he lived with my family for a whole summer – he still was a consistent friend. 
  21.  He loves my family/his in-laws. 
  22.  Ross honors and loves his parents/siblings.
  23.  He makes family time a priority. 
  24.  He doesn’t think twice about waking up to comfort Ethan in the middle of the night.
  25.  Ross loves movies and musicals almost as much as I do! 
  26. Ross never raises his voice in anger at me. 
  27. Ross is not afraid to get in the kitchen and make dinner/meals. 
  28. He’s still as handsome as the day he cut his hair our junior year of college.  

1 comment:

  1. I was definitely the third wheel/buffer/sister-friend during #20. That might have been the longest car ride of my life. Although, I was very happy when you started being nice to him again:).

    ReplyDelete