Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 27, 2010

Weddings and Sleeping In

Have you ever been to a wedding where it was such a great celebration because God obviously had a big part in bringing two people - so made for each other - together?  We were at a wedding like that last night.  Ross actually performed the ceremony.  Drew is a student leader who worked for me when I was the Worship Pastor at Bethel.  He's one amazing person.  Lexi is someone I got to know because Drew fell in love with her the year he was working with me.  She is one amazing person.  The two of them together have such incredible potential as a couple ... so fun to celebrate with them.  I'm thankful for the foundation they have in Christ and the witness they were to all of us of God's faithfulness and love.

Why am I grateful for sleeping in ... because we were at the wedding last night and because E-man's adventure with my parents for the month was a sleepover - E-man slept at my parents house last night (not the first time).  He had a blast with Gma and 'Bubbup"and we slept in until ... drum roll ... 9:30!  WOOHOO!!!!!!  We haven't done that in SO long.  We both were sure we'd be woken up by our body alarm clocks but we rolled back over and kept sleeping.  I LOVE SLEEPING IN ... so does Ross - he was anticipating it all week long.  And sleeping in did not disappoint ... it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment