Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 23, 2010

Random Thankful Thoughts

1. I am truly grateful for iphoto.  It seems to be a shallow thing to be thankful for but I downloaded pictures and movies today for the first time and it was SO INCREDIBLY EASY.  It will save me hours and hours of time - I'm not even kidding - because it does thing in such a smooth and organized way.  (End Mac commerical)

2.  Costco.  Costco had amazing red raspberries today and our family has almost eaten the whole container in one day (Ethan eating over half by himself :)).

3.  (Begin next Mac commercial)  I installed iwork today during Ethan's nap time (I'm also  for nap time/aka alone time for me)- for non-mac users it is like Microsoft but not at all.  The features are so great and organizationally - to my brain - it does things that just makes sense.  I only was working in "Numbers"/Excel today but it was so easy to figure out and has many new/cool features.  Thankful.

4.  As you know, I'm grateful for laughter.  My piano students make me laugh.  Today it was almost a belly laugh.  I was teaching this particularly charming-in-his-unique-way boy ... if you knew him you would just think him funny, too ... he's exactly like his dad (our realtor and friend).  Anyway, I was standing behind him but with one knee on the piano bench so I was also kind of beside him.  While he is MID SONG I feel his nose rubbing on my right arm.  When he completes the song I said "Did you just WIPE YOUR NOSE ON ME!?" with a big smile he said "No!  I wiped my SWEAT on YOU!"  Bahahahahahahah!!! We (his parents and me) were all laughing quite a lot.  Oh my.

5.  I'm thankful my mistakes on our Federal Tax Returns were easy to find and fix.  ALL DONE.  I am thankful I received the email saying it was accepted by the IRS.  Shew!  SO ENTIRELY GLAD that's done - happy dance!

6.  God always seems to have such unique timing in providing opportunities for me to use the way he's wired me to participate in Kingdom 'activities'.  I know the prior sentence is very vague in some ways but if you know me well you have an inkling of what I'm talking about ... and I'll just say for now I'm looking forward to a new opportunity or two coming my way.

There are my random thankful thoughts on this cold Tuesday in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment