Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 28, 2010

The Crock Pot and the Freezer

During this month of March, the Manders family is abstaining from going out to eat (see my post from last Sunday).  We decided to do this because we do it so much without even thinking about it.  This means Ross and I will be making meals a lot more often :) ... which is good.  I already cook about 4 nights a week but by the time the weekend hits I'm ready to not cook even if it means grabbing a 5$ pizza from Little Caesar's.  I am thinking this could be an interesting thing to give up for an extended time.  So, here we go!

It just so happens that today a few friends came over and we made some meals and cookie dough for the freezer.  It is so wonderful to do this together.  Cooking goes so much faster when you have friends to chat with - especially ones like these :) who I treasure.    We are each in charge of a meal or cookie dough and so we 'share' the cost that way, too.   I'm thankful for friends to meal-share with and I am grateful for the crock pot and the freezer because you really can cook ahead (especially since I teach during the dinner hour).

(SIDE NOTE: My dad spoke at Renovation today and I am really thankful for him ... he's still my favorite preacher but I told Ross - it's because I've heard him for longer than I've heard Ross or anyone else ... :))

1 comment:

  1. Em, I'm so proud of you for stepping out in faith to change your habits - and for a good purpose.

    I'm enjoying your posts very much. You're right, if we look for the good in life, surely we will find it.

    ReplyDelete