Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 4, 2010

Literacy

Leadership Journal

Rachel Ray

Simple and Delicious

Health

Women's Health

National Geographic Traveler's Edition

TIME

Parenting

Parents

Apparently, we like to read and I am so thankful for this hobby that Ross and E-man and I share.  The above is a list of the magazines we receive monthly - we have received many of these subscriptions as gifts (thank you!).  We enjoy them all very much and they are mostly educational.  It just hit me this week when I got the mail and pulled out a large pile of magazines that this is NOT everyone's 'normal'.   Again I was reminded of how much our family enjoys reading when I put away TWENTY-THREE, yes, 23 books that belong to the little dude today.  He pours over them, he sits and reads by himself - well - looks at pictures.  He will do this every day and I don't think he would do this if he didn't enjoy books.  As I put away the 23 books I was amazed at how many more books were still on the shelf.  Hours of our day are spent reading - whether it be online or in print - in silence or out loud.  Today I am very thankful for all of the people who helped teach me how to read and who have encouraged me to broaden my horizons and continue to read as an adult.

If you ever are looking for a book suggestion, just through a genre my way and I'll see what I can come up with ... oh and one more shout out ... Minnesota has an AMAZING public library system.  My habit would be VERY expensive if it weren't for the public library.  

1 comment:

  1. We love to read too! Reading is both of my kid's favorite thing to do. We sit and read our books for long periods of time nearly every day. I'm going blog about a few of our favorites soon.

    Do you have any good women's Bible study suggestions?

    p.s I like reading your blog :o)

    ReplyDelete