Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 3, 2010

Christin

“Emily, do you know there is oil all over the floor?”

“Umm … no?”

“Well, it looks like someone got into it and it’s everywhere. Don’t freak out!”

“Haha … okay.”

Walk down the stairs … oh my … vegetable oil is everywhere and there are cute little footprints all over my wood floor and the oven door is glistening. We both are kind of giggling and E-man has no clue what’s going on – after all … the oil incident happened over 45 minutes ago! 

 *****

Christin is our roommate. I met her at Bethel when I was the Worship Pastor/Administrator at the college. She was one of the student leaders I had the privilege to mentor and work with and right now she is going to seminary. We have a big room and bathroom in our basement and we offered for her to live with us during this season of her life. We love her! 

Even more importantly – E-man adores her. They are so goofy together and they keep each other laughing with their antics. 

Christin has been a HUGE help this past month. She nannies for a family before and after school and has class, so she is often home during the middle of the day. I have had lots of 10-minute appointments at a clinic near our house that she has watched E. for and that has been a big relief to me. She often will watch E. on Sunday nights when we have house group, too. Finding childcare every Sunday night can be tricky so we really appreciate her! 

We are so very blessed by her presence in our home. It’s funny because I have been thinking about how grateful I am for her and about writing a blog about it and then the oil incident happened this morning and she was the one cleaning it up because I had to run to the lab and I just thought – she is truly amazing! What a servant – what a blessing! I’m thankful she loves us like she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment