Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 22, 2010

Organizing

I love to organize things, people, events, and much more.

Today, I bought a new Expanding File with 7 Pockets and manilla folders in order to help us continue to organize our finances/tax situation.

I enjoy new pens and markers and highlights and colors when organizing certain kinds of information.

I spread everything out on the dining room table today to get organized before finishing taxes tonight and it felt so good.  It will need another good organization session tomorrow to put things in order for next year but I'm looking forward to it.  I also can't wait to create my for-tax-purposes-money-tracking spreadsheet for next year.

I'm thankful I enjoy organizing even if I don't enjoy number crunching.  I'm thankful taxes are e-filed and complete and that we don't owe as much as we did two years ago.  I'm thankful I will have more room in my brain shortly to think about things I'm grateful for ... I am grateful for the income we both have, so even if taxes drive me a little crazy, they ultimately remind me once again, I have much to be grateful about.

No comments:

Post a Comment