Bad mood = me. Why? February boredom, feeling the 'cabin fever' starting to set in, Ross being gone until very late last night and again today on a retreat, etc. So I kind of woke up on the crabby side of the bed.
Thankfully, the day only got better from there. Here is my list of happy things that helped turn my attitude around (because goodness, I wasn't about to turn it around by myself ;)).
1. Phone date with a friend who is refreshing to talk with and it doesn't happen often enough - this got me through the long morning.
2. Ross telling me to schedule a lunch date with Angela (used to be our roommate).
3. Having lunch with Angela - conversation that was good for the soul - and I didn't have to bring E-man with ... thank you thank you thank you! So adult conversation really happened for over 2 hours.
4. Random woman who told Angela that her smile lights up the whole room and shines with Jesus' love or light or something like that ... didn't know my dear friend but just sat down next to her to tell her that ... cool huh?
5. COOKIES!!!!! (Thank you Angela ...)
6. A husband who texted just to say he hoped I was having a good time (after 2 hours) - not "when are you coming home?"
7. Coming home there was a clean house to greet me, laundry being done, a very happy naked-on-top E-man and a sweet note from the hubby.
So I guess I can't stay in a bad mood. Plus - my niece and nephew are coming over to play and they always make me smile. There are always things to smile about if you have eyes to see them.